English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI)
You bring the subject knowledge and we support the language and intercultural competence so that you and your students can have the best possible communication.
- You choose the topic and we will be happy to help guide you individually or in a small group
- We can help you practice scenarios such as giving lectures, fielding difficult questions, dealing with controversy, clearing up misunderstandings, and a variety of other topics
- We will be happy to help you adapt* your teaching materials (examinations, slides, worksheets) to an international English-speaking audience
- You could also invite us to your class to help gauge whether a particular area needs work
Are you currently teaching in English? Would you like input in how to increase your English vocabulary in your area of expertise? Do you have questions about how to deal with Cultural differences between your students?
Would you like to feel more comfortable teaching in English?
Registration is now available via ILIAS:
1. Controller and data protection officer
Information concerning the controller and data protection officer can be found in the data protection declaration of the University.
2. Description of data
An uncoded email in clear text will be generated from the information you provide in the registration form. In order to contact you via e-mail and process your registration, we need all statements marked with a *.
The form enables a simplified means of register for the above mentioned course electronically without an email program needing to be used.
4. Legal basis
The legal basis is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter e) GDPR together with Article 6 Paragraph 3 GDPR and § 4 of the State Data Protection Act (Landesdatenschutzgesetz).
Your message is received by the head of the Teaching in English Center of the University of Stuttgart.
6. Storage duration
The personal data you enter in this form will be processed solely for the purpose stated and will be deleted after the period of processing. The length of time for which the email is saved by the end recipient depends on the process which subsequently takes place.
7. Consequences of non-provision, right of objection and correction
The use of the form is voluntary. You can also get in touch with the Language Center by telephone or personally during the office hours of Ms. Chojnacki-Herbers, M.A..
You are free to provide your name and email address in the form of a pseudonym when entering data, which means that the University cannot assign the information to a person. Should you not wish for your identity to be disclosed, it may then be the case that your matter cannot be processed.
8. Your rights
Information concerning your rights can be found in the data protection declaration of the University of Stuttgart.
(1) Please note this is not a translation service. We help you adapt your lectures/ presentations/ slides/ scripts into English