In the Writing Center you will learn methods that enable you to write independently, consciously and effectively. In our comprehensive range of courses you will receive advice, feedback and exercises on all aspects of the writing process.
See our numerous offerings in English for students, PhD students, Post-Docs and researchers via "Courses and Workshop"
Our topics cover the entire writing process from finding the topic to the finished text:
- Proper academic style
- Structuring before, during and after writing
- Speaking skills in English (accent and voice training)
- Composing rough drafts
- Dealing with writer's block
- Structured reading and recording of literature on the topic
- Academic argumentation
- Abstract writing
- Introductions and conclusions
- Methodology and result sections in academic papers
- Literature reviews
- Professional communication in emails
- Visualizations in texts (graphs, charts, and other visual aids)
- Comprehensive revision of texts
- English grammar review
- Academic vocabulary and phrasing
- Letters of motivation in the application process
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
Keeping Pace with the Times
Our work is based on the interdisciplinary results of writing research and the exchange with our colleagues from other writing centers in German-speaking countries. In the "Gesellschaft für Schreibdidaktik und Schreibforschung" and together with the writing centers of other universities in Baden-Württemberg ("Netzwerk der Schreibzentren in Baden-Württemberg (NWBW)"), we work on current questions of academic literacy.